This course touches base on the mother sauces again and goes straight into using those bases for secondary sauces. These are more advance topics that build on the strong foundation of aspiring chefs or home cooks. Completing this course will allow the student to apply these skills to their current cooking methods as well as allow a higher skill set for line and prep cooks.
Instructor will provide syllabus and all products needed. Student is expected to show up with hair up and out of their face, clean clothes and close-toed shoes. Aprons will be provided. Chef jackets are encouraged.
- Describe and define stock and its importance in the professional kitchen
- Describe the difference between brown stock and white stock
- Identify and describe the five leading sauces and their importance in the professional kitchen
- Identify and describe the secondary sauces and their importance in the professional kitchen
- Define simmering, poaching and steaming
Length: 2 hours
Requirements: Intro to Culinary Arts Course