This course covers the how to fabricate fish and shellfish. These are topics that build a strong foundation for any aspiring chef or home cook. Completing this course will allow the student to apply these skills to their current cooking methods as well as allow a higher skill set for line and prep cooks.
Instructor will provide syllabus and all products needed. Student is expected to show up with hair up and out of their face, clean clothes and close-toed shoes. Aprons will be provided. Chef jackets are encouraged.
1. List and describe round fish used in a professional kitchen
2. List and describe flat fish used in a professional kitchen
3. List and describe the various crustaceans used in a professional kitchen
4. List and describe the various mollusks used in a professional kitchen
5. List the types of crabs used in a professional kitchen
6. Identify parts of a lobster
7. Describe the different size designations of shrimp
Length: 2 hours
Requirements: Intro to Culinary Arts Course