|PREP TIME: 5 minutes|
|TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes|
|CALORIES PER SERVING : 491|
|CARBS PER SERVING: 10.7g|
|FAT PER SERVING: 34.6g|
|PROTEIN PER SERVING: 32.2g|
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese (or parmesan)
1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat, add the chicken (seasoned with salt) and brown, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
2. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions are tender and the everything is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle in the thyme and flour and cook for a minute.
4. Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan with a spoon while the broth is sizzling when added.
5. Mix the asiago into the sauce and season with salt to taste.
6. Add the chicken, cover (with a lid or foil) and roast in a preheated 400F oven for 15 minutes OR turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer on the stove top for 15 minutes.