Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings 1 pint of ice cream
Calories 155.8 kcal
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk or cream
- ¼ cup honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix (or other high-powered blender) in the order listed.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until smooth and mixture is homogenous.
- Turn on your ice cream maker.
- Pour mixture directly from the Vitamix into the ice cream maker while it is moving.
- Let the ice cream churn for about 20-25 minutes until it becomes a firm ball or the ice cream maker stops rotating.
- Transfer to an airtight, freezer-friendly container and freeze for at least 1 hour, or until completely frozen.
- Makes about 1 pint of ice cream.
Many people ask me if they can make ice cream without an ice cream maker. The answer is yes, you can churn it by hand but I highly recommend investing in an ice cream maker if you want the creamiest, dreamiest, homemade ice cream possible.