This creamy avocado dressing is a tasty, healthy alternative to dairy or mayonnaise-based dressings, and is suitable for Paleo, AIP, and vegans salad recipes.
Creamy Avocado Dressing (Paleo, Dairy-free, Vegan)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Serves: 1- 1.5 cups
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ cup water (a little more if using a large avocado)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional, sub with maple syrup or coconut syrup for vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- Add all ingredients in a blender or a food processor. Process and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a little more water, if you prefer it to be a little thinner. Taste for lemon and salt, and add more, if preferred.